Hep C Resources
Selected resources including high quality and relevant information for Australians with bleeding disorders affected by hepatitis C:
Get the latest free Acrobat Reader to read PDF documents
New hepatitis C treatments
Hepatitis C and Bleeding Disorders
- Hepatitis C: information for people with bleeding disorders, no. 1 - this booklet is under review. Information on tests, treatments, looking after your health, transmission, telling people about hepatitis C and financial issues (HFA, Feb 2007)
- Understanding your hepatitis C test results - This fact sheet is under review (HFA, May 2008)
- My choice to tell - at work. Advice on workplace issues including when you need to tell people, work safety and privacy. Tips on ways to tell people. (HFA, May 2009)
- My choice to tell - family, friends, new partners. Discussion about the questions that come up when disclosing to family, friends and new partners: what might their reaction be, tips on how to prepare to tell them, conversation starters, telling new partners or children (HFA, May 2009)
Read about the experiences and personal stories of people with bleeding disorders and hepatitis C in Australia:
Hepatitis C Magazines/ Cartoons
- Transmission [ISSUU] - a cartoon-style magazine with stories and information about hepatitis (Hepatitis NSW)
Hepatitis C/HIV co-infection
- Liver health and hepatitis - information for people who are co-infected with HIV and hepatitis A, B or C (National Association of People With HIV Australia)
- HIV and hep C coinfection – a factsheet on HIV and hepatitis C co-infection with answers to frequently asked questions, including taking care of your liver health and treatment options (Hepatitis NSW, 2015)
- Treataware - information and education about treatments for HIV and co-infection in Australia (National Association of People With HIV Australia)
Living with hepatitis C
- Living with hepatitis C – introductory information on living well, including telling others, maintaining your health, preventing transmission and women’s issues (Hepatitis Australia)
- HCV Advocate – an informative hepatitis C web site based in San Francisco. Includes the latest on treatments and living well with regular updates in its monthly newsletter.
Internet discussion groups
- Hep C Australasia - an Australian and New Zealand online peer support forum for people affected by hepatitis C, their family and their friends.
- My choice to tell - at work. Advice for people with bleeding disorders on workplace issues including when you need to tell people, work safety and privacy. Tips on ways to tell people. (HFA, May 2009)
- My choice to tell - family, friends, new partners. Discussion about the questions that come up when people with bleeding disorders disclose hepatitis C to family, friends and new partners: what might their reaction be, tips on how to prepare to tell them, conversation starters, telling new partners or children (HFA, May 2009)
- My Choice, My Rights: Disclosure, anti-discrimination and health complaints information for people with hepatitis C - information to help you make decisions that are right for you about telling others (Hepatitis Australia, 2014).
Hep C tests
Australian Hepatitis Organisations
National and state/territory hepatitis organisations provide support and high quality information on hepatitis C:
NB We provide these links as a service to the haemophilia community. As web sites can change or should you find a site to be no longer active please notify email@example.com. Haemophilia Foundation Australia is not responsible for the content of any external web sites. The featuring of a site on this page is not an endorsement by HFA of the information or views expressed therein.
Date last reviewed: 18th Mar 16