What We Do
Haemophilia Foundation Queensland provides support and representation to anyone affected by haemophilia and other bleeding disorders and their families across Queensland.
HFQ also promotes the needs of all people with bleeding disorders and raises awareness in the general community and among funders and service providers within Queensland.
This support is provided through
- Community interaction such as Family events, Community Camps and Youth Camps.
- Men's Lunch – Bi-Monthly education and support lunch for men surviving with a bleeding disorder.
- Women’s Lunch – wives, mothers, sisters or daughter’s quarterly gathering for lunch.
- Regional Meetings (Cairns, Townsville, Mackay, Rockhampton, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast and Toowoomba) to support those members of our community living out of Brisbane.
- Education and health promotion
- The HFactor - 3 monthly magazine
- Advocacy, Representation and Support (including urgent financial assistance for HFQ members).
- Patron of our Foundation is Her Excellency the Honourable Dr Jeannette Young AC PSM, Governor of Queensland
- Haemophilia Foundation Queensland acknowledges the support of the Queensland State Government.