What We Do
Haemophilia Foundation Queensland provides support and representation to anyone affected by haemophilia and other bleeding disorders and their families across Queensland.
HFQ also promotes the needs of all people with bleeding disorders and raises awareness in the general community and among funders and service providers within Queensland.
This support is provided through
- Community interaction such as Community Camps, Youth Camps and Men’s and Partners Weekends.
- OBE – Monthly education and support meeting for men surviving with a bleeding disorder.
- Women’s Lunch – wives, mothers, sisters or daughter’s quarterly gathering for lunch.
- Regional Meetings (Cairns, Townsville, Mackay, Rockhampton, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast and Toowoomba) to support those members of our community living out of Brisbane.
- Education and health promotion
- 3-monthly newsletter The ‘H’ Factor
- Advocacy, Representation and Support (including urgent financial assistance for HFQ members).