Haemophilia Foundation of Queensland Inc. (HFQ) is a voluntary organisation of people living with bleeding disorders in Queensland and their families, friends and anyone who is interested in genetic bleeding disorders. HFQ is a member of the Haemophilia Foundation of Australia (HFA). HFA is a member of the World Federation of Haemophilia.
We encourage all people affected by bleeding disorders to become paid members so that:
- Your health needs can be better represented in important service provider discussions
- We can better support all member that rely on effective clinical and psychosocial support from service providers and state government
- We can provide you with communications to help you learn more about new events and supports for people living with bleeding disorders in Queensland
- Your family will be well placed to benefit from the improved treatment options and services available to people with bleeding disorders
Your membership supports the overall work of HFQ and by becoming a registered member, you're helping us advocate for improvements and change as well as providing support programs for the health needs and wellbeing of our members.
Key support activities provided by HFQ include;
- Education and Health promotion activities (Forums, Facebook page, quarterly magazine “The ‘H’ Factor”)
- Community Events (forums, community camps, youth camps and men’s and partners weekends)
- OBE’s – Monthly luncheon and discussion sessions for men living and surviving with a bleeding disorder.
- Luncheon & Brunch meetings for women who carry a bleeding disorder gene, mums & partners to get together, learn and discuss issues with each other
- Regional Events (Cairns, Townsville, Mackay, Rockhampton, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast & Toowoomba) to support those members of our community living out of Brisbane
- Advocacy and Representation for people with bleeding disorders needing help
- Welfare support (including no interest loans and urgent financial assistance for HFQ members)
Paid membership allows HFQ to provide vital support programs that are not funded through our state government grant or other donations. Your annual membership will ensure you can participate in the activities of the organisation such as voting at our AGM or receive subsidises or access welfare assistance. The fees are kept deliberately low and they can also be waived if cost is an issue. We also offer a one-off payment to allow you to become registered as a member for life.
Membership fees are $20 per year (inc. GST) and can be paid online, by direct deposit or cash or cheque through the HFQ office.
If you would like to become a member please complete the membership form below, or click here
to download a form that you can complete and email back to: [email protected]
; or post to: PO Box 122 Fortitude Valley, QLD 4006
MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION FOR HAEMOPHILIA FOUNDATION QUEENSLAND
PO Box 122 Fortitude Valley QLD 4006
Mobile: 04 1970 6056 Email: [email protected]
ABN 62 303 495 207. GST Registered. Registered as a Charity in QLD. Association Registeration No: IA02598
Please Note: Membership of HFQ runs from 1 July each year. If this application and payment is made after 1 March it will be deemed to include the next financial year as well.