The Manager’s key function is to ensure HFQ works effectively, efficiently and ethically to build community support for policies and practices that support people affected by bleeding disorders. Specifically, the Manager will ensure Haemophilia Foundation Queensland works successfully with government, business and industry, other non-government organisations and our communities of interest, to develop visions and solutions for people with bleeding disorders, their families and carers and help drive the change necessary to achieve our vision.
Additionally, the Manager will hold overall responsibility for Haemophilia Foundation Queensland’s financial viability, its general management, stakeholder and media relations, corporate governance, risk management, and the overall short to long term continuance and development of the business.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Manage/oversee all day-to-day business operations of HFQ such as internal reporting, project management, financial management, staff development and management (including the administration of employment contracts and statutory employment requirements such as OH&S, equal opportunity etc.)
• Coordinate the further development and subsequent successful implementation of HFQ’s strategic plan
• Develop and maintain relationships with the Board, relevant affiliate groups, local, state and federal government funding and other relevant bodies, corporate groups, non-government bodies, and philanthropist to generate income and drive change
• Represent the organisation in a variety of media and in public forums, on a broad range of issues
• Ensure all corporate governance issues are proactively managed
• Establish, review and oversee the implementation of policies and procedures that ensures HFQ complies with all legal and regulatory requirements with respect to administrative and financial matters, and
• Advise and keep the Board informed on all governance, HR, performance, risk and other related matters and attend/participate in appropriate committee and subcommittee meetings as required.
An Applicant Information Pack, including a Position Description and further information about HFQ, and what is required to be the successful applicant, can be obtained by emailing [email protected]